Best drones for beginners
Don’t you think that the drones have taken over the skies as well as our imagination? Whether you are finding a good quadcopter to play with or execute any sophisticated task then you might be looking all over the internet for the quality ones present in the market. There are many quadcopter in the market at this moment. If it is your first one then you should know there are some important things that you should look for while buying a drone. We are here to help you to choose the best drones for beginners.
List of Best Drones for Beginners
What to look for in a good newbie friendly drone?
When you search online for best beginner drones you will come across more than 100 of results but not all of them are trustworthy. We have taken help from the professionals of this field to sum up the best starter drones. Here is the list of things that you should consider while buying drones for beginners.
- Not all drones are easy to fly: These days, almost everyone wants to buy a drone. As you are interest in buying one, you should keep in mind that, anything that flies is sometimes very hard to control. Every drone flies differently depending on the setup of the controller. There are some flight controllers that are setup for agile flying while the others are geared for stable flying.
- You need permission for flying some drones: you cannot fly any drone you want in the sky. Some of the powerful drones need permission from the right authority for flying. Sometimes in protected areas, you will not be able to fly a drone. As you are looking for best entry level drones, flying will not be a serious issue. This is because, most of the drones under $200 have permission to fly in sky but still it is important to assure it from the respective authority.
- Right place to buy drones: Remote control drones should be bought from a good and renowned place. A lot of the people make this mistake. They buy drones from small stores for saving money but these drones are not of good quality. There are tons of registered online stores from where you can buy the best entry level drones. You can either import it from USA or China. So, it is very necessary to choose a good store for buying quadcopter.
- Be a part of the online drone community: There are hundreds of inline community present and if you own a drone then you should register yourself in these communities as well. If you have any questions or queries the members of this group will help you. Even, in case of any problem regarding your newly bought remote control drone, you can take help from this online drone community.
These are the things that you should take care of while buying a drone from market.
Top 11 best drones for beginners
Like, we said there are hundreds of drones in the market and as it is your first one, you surely have no idea about it. For this reason, we have consulted with the experts to come up with the best drones for beginners. These are undoubtedly the best budget drones. If you want to buy one with high end pricing, check our handpicked list of drones under $500
1. UDI U818A
If you are looking for drones under $200 then this is one of the best drones for the money. This is one of the best drones for beginners.
- HD camera: The best thing about this drone is it has forward facing stationary HD camera. The movie resolution is 1280×720 at thirty frames per second. It comes with a removable 4GB SD card
- Headless mode: This omits the need of adjusting the aircraft position before the flight as well as accelerates the learning curves.
- Easy to use: If you are looking for the best started drones then this is the one for you as it is simple to control, easy to operate and worry free.
- Low battery warning: This will give you low battery warning with an audible sound as you need to bring it back for charging.
- It contains powerful motor to enable helicopter to fly longer.
- The two batteries give it longer time to fly.
- LED lights are great for signaling.
- Some of the customers complained that the controlling is a bit complicated.
- The body is very light so the breeze makes it take off.
2. Hubsan X4 Quadcopter with FPV camera toy
This durable drone is perfect fit for the beginners. This is one of the best drones for beginners. If you are someone who is looking for best drones for the money then this is the one for you.
- Control distance: it has a wide control distance of 50 to 100 meters. You can take live video from a distance of around 100 meters.
- Adjustable gyro sensitivity: This drone comes with efficient and adjustable gyro sensitivity and the brand new 6 axis flight control system.
- Light and durable: As it is build of high quality material the drone is very durable and lightweight. It will help the quadcopter to fly more smoothly.
- Camera: it comes with a 480P camera, 4G and 5.8G camera as well as 360 degree flips and rolls.
- It has fast charging system.
- The flight timing is more than seven minutes.
- It comes with a FPV transmitter.
- Customers had complaint regarding the connection of battery.
- The led light is not as strong as other drones of this price.
3. Cheerwing Syma X5SW V# FPV
This black coloured drone is one of the most favourite drones for beginners. This is loved by most of the experts as well as the beginner.
- Size and weight: The size and weight of the drone makes it one of the best drones for beginners.
- 6-axis gyro: The six axis gyro is basically based on the four channels which ensure a very steady and swift flight.
- 360 3D rolling: This drone is capable of the 360 degree 3D rolling and the other technical actions.
- Cellular phone control: You can support the control with the Wi-Fi connectivity of our iPhone or Android smartphone.
- Headless mode: the headless mode of this drone will help you to find the head and tail when you begin to fly.
- Battery: It comes with a 500mAh battery which makes it fly for a very long time.
- The price is very reasonable compared to the features. It is absolutely perfect for the beginners.
- This drone has a very fast as well as stable flight.
- With the help of the 360 degree 3D rolling technology, you can now cover 360 degree angle.
- The battery gives it the power to fly for a long time.
- This needs permission from authority to fly in specific areas.
- It is too light; hence, the wind has an effect on its flying.
- The signal between the controller and drone is lost at times. For this reason, it is better to know the right range at the time of purchasing the product.
4. Cheerwing Syma X5C- 1 Explorers
This 2015 upgraded version of drone is very stable and the memory can be upgraded to 4 GB. It has outstanding features which makes it one of the remote control drones.
- Camera: the drone is upgraded with the X5C along with HD camera.
- The six axis gyro: It is built with the six axis gyroscope which helps in the precise flying in the sky.
- Various control options: You can move the drone to up, down, left, right, forward, backward, leftward flight, rightward flight etc.
- It is quite hard to find such good camera in such price range.
- It is the most upgraded version hence; a lot of the issues that were present in the previous models do not exist in this one.
- The 6 axis gyroscope gives the person using it a great experience of flying the drone.
- Wind has a very bad effect on this quadcopter. As the body is lighter than the other drones within this price, it is hard to fly it in the sky in windy weather.
- The design does not feel expensive. Customers these days look for heavier and nicely designed drones.
- The batteries need to be changed on a daily basis.
5. Holy stone F181 RC Quadcopter Drone with HD camera
This black coloured beautiful drone is one of the best drones for beginners. The price is reasonable and comes with a lot of user friends features.
- Headless security system: This is equipped with the latest headless security system which will help the user to prevent the loss of the copter.
- A key return: This quadcopter comes with a key 360 degree4 ways flip. This gives you the perfect action along with amazing performance.
- The altitude hold feature: the strong air pressure altitude hold function will help you to release its throttle stick and this drone will hover in that exact height. This makes it simpler for the user to shoot god quality image or video.
- Two batteries: It comes with two batteries hence; you can fly it for longer period of time. The batteries do not require much time get charged.
- This is a very good drone at such an affordable price.
- The design is very attractive and customers are pretty attracted by the quality of the parts used in this drone.
- The battery goes for quite a long time and it gives stable and smooth flying experience to the user.
- It is hard to find a shop for the repairing of this drone.
- Sometimes the battery needs a longer to get charged.
- Some clients claimed that it is quite complicated to learn the technique of flying it.
6. USA Toyz UDI U818A Wi-Fi FPV Drone with live camera
If you are looking for some adventure with your drone then this is the one for you.
- First person view with VR headset compatibility: This will help you in viewing the flight directly from your Android or Apple phones through real time video.
- Stunning video and photo from sky: This device can HD aerial photos and videos in 720p with the 2MP camera.
- Headless mode: This mode will help in adjusting the position before taking off.
- This drone comes with an extra battery which means longer flying time.
- The drone is built very nicely and comes with VR compatibility.
- You can take stunning photos and videos with this drone.
- Compared to other drones of this price, it is quite hard to fly.
- A bit pricy than the other drones.
7. JJRC H8D 5.8GRC FPV quad copter
Looking for a drone that has night fly mode then this is the one for you. The features have turned it to be best starter drone.
- Night fly: This drone comes with LED light which makes it possible to fly in darkness or during the night.
- Camera; It has FPV along with the built-in 2MP camera.
- The LED light helps in signalling.
- Absolutely perfect for those who have a hobby or passion of flying drones.
- It can take amazing videos and pictures.
- You need to buy the hard case as it does not come with the drone.
- The manual is quite difficult than other drones.
8. Tokky brushless motors RC drone
Without this the list of best drones for beginners will not be completed. This is undoubtedly one of the best drones under $200. This comes in two colours. Though the price is a bit higher than the other ones in this list it is one of the best drones for the money.
- Brushless motor and backpack set: This advanced motor technology helps in low friction between the parts of the motor; hence, low heat is produced. This makes it very durable and energy efficient. The backpack is lighter which makes it perfect for outdoor sports.
- 2.4GHz two way communication: the novel 2.4 GHZ and two way transmitter accelerates the control and response of the drone.
- High capacity battery: It comes with an 1800mAh battery. So, you can expect 15-18 minutes flight in one charge.
- As there is not friction between the motor parts, the drone does not produce heat.
- This is built with high capacity battery which helps it to fly for more than 18 minutes.
- The quality of video and picture is great and audio is recorded as well.
- The backpack has foam inside it so, it is not durable.
9. Hubsan H5015 X4 4 channel GPS
This is a great drone for the beginners but the price is quite high compared to the others in this list but it can help you to get the perfect video and picture by your drone.
- Weight: The weight of this drone is 410g and you need to register with FAA after purchasing.
- Camera: this comes with a 1080p HD camera with controller 4.2 inches LCD screen,
- Function: It has the follow me, altitude mode, automatic return, headless mode and GPS in it.
- It has a FPV range of 300 meters.
- This is very easy to fly.
- Though the price is a bit higher than the other drones, it is worth every penny.
- There is no such problem with this drone.
10. UPair One plus drone with 2.7k camera
This drone is specialized and made to fulfil the dream of every drone enthusiast. This has been released in small quantities for the customers around the world.
- Various functions: This drone comes with various improved functions like, follow me mode, auto take-off, auto landing and flight route planning function.
- Material: It is made with a very exclusive PVC material which has been used in the fuselage’s innovatively.
- Camera: it has 1 Gimbal and 2.7K camera along with 5400mAh battery which makes it fly in sky for longer time.
- This drone is a specialized drone and manufactured for every drone enthusiast out there.
- It has auto-landing and auto-take off.
- You can use the follow me mode with this drone.
- One should not fly it indoors.
- The battery should not be overcharged.
- The battery needs to be charged fully before using it for flying.
11. DJI CP.PT.000899 Spark Palm launch
There are five colours of this device available in market. This is the most expensive one and suitable for both beginners and expert level drone enthusiasts.
- This is a mini drone that comes with all the improved and signatures technologies of DJI which makes you seize any moment at any time. With the help of the intelligent flying option and mechanical gimbal you will be able to take the best shot.
- It has high performance camera which gives you amazing shots and shake free videos.
- It has the best flight performance. This is the result of the powerful propulsion speed and precision control.
- There are various colours available for this drone so you can choose the one you like the most.
- This drone is a very intelligent drone and has the signature technology of DJI.
- One of the best drones so far. You will be blown away by the latest technologies that have been used in this drone.
- This drone is quite expensive.
- It does not come with any casing. You need to purchase casing along with the drone.
In the year of 2016, more than 2.5 million drones were sold and the figure is rising in the current year. People are using drones to make their vacation, sports, restaurant visit etc. more interesting. Like we said, the personal drones have gained name and fame in the market these days and if you choose one from the above you will get a pretty good deal within a very affordable price. On the other hand, if you are looking for a more expensive one then, buy the ones which are over 100 dollars. This is because; the manufacturers have built these drones to give the users the ultimate experience of flying drones. For this reason, decide your budget beforehand otherwise, you will not be able to find the right one for you. Due to the advent of such good battery life quadcopter and the mind-blowing stability, people these days mostly choose between the first three drones instead of the later ones as the first few ones are not just inexpensive but also made with all the beneficial characteristics of a good drone.
These are the best drones for beginners. Most of the drones are under $500. If you choose any of the drones from this list then we can assure you the best user experience. All of these drones have been tested by our experts and from them we have positioned them deepening on the price, availability and user experience. Though there are many drones present in the market at much lower price but these will not last long or give you the result you are looking for. It is always recommended to check both market and online shops before buying the product to get the best price. Hence, this list will guide you in buying the best one in market.